The Kleinfeld Bridal Experience

For over sixty years, Kleinfeld Bridal has been a New York institution when it comes to shopping for gorgeous wedding gowns. Originally located in Brooklyn, there is now a store in Manhattan. The Kleinfeld experience is like no other and should not be missed if you live in or are planning to visit New York. This one establishment has more wedding dresses than any other in the entire world. Famous designers such as Pnina Tornai, Dennis Basso, Mark Zunino and Alita Graham have numerous creations, which can only be found at Kleinfeld’s. Go to Kleinfeld Bridal to look for a bridal dress you just saw at one of Manhattan’s Bridal Shows.

Bridal Consultants at Kleinfeld

So what should you know before you go? First of all you will need to make an appointment to meet with a bridal consultant. Plan early as the first available appointment may be a month away. The bridal experts suggest you bring a few pictures of dresses you like so they will be able to narrow down your search. Of course you will want to bring family and friends to help with your selection, but being accompanied by more than three people may start to pull attention away from you and the task at hand. Expect to spend about 90 minutes with your consultant viewing and trying on different dresses. Go into the appointment with an open mind as you might see designs you didn’t even realize existed. Photographs are not permitted in the dressing room but you are allowed to take as many pictures as you would like once you have purchased the gown.

Buying your gown

Pnina Tornai Designers GownWhile it may be possible to do a rush order, you should plan to buy your wedding dress 8-10 months prior to your wedding. It will usually be delivered to the store 8-10 weeks before you say “I Do” which will allow time for proper fittings.

Kleinfeld’s accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Personal checks are allowed but only for a deposit, not the final payment. If you are special ordering a gown you will be required to put down a 60% deposit when the order is placed and the remaining 40% when it arrives at the store.

In addition to gowns, you can also peruse and purchase jewelry, shoes, headpieces, veils and handbags. Kleinfeld’s works with preferred vendors such as floral design, caterers, photographers and transportation which can be found online.

Kleinfeld’s takes pride in providing the utmost in customer satisfaction. Each Bride receives approximately 30 hours of personal service. If you are not pleased with your bridal consultant they will happily find someone more suitable. You are even provided with a personal number if you need to reach an associate when the store is closed.